Remember how last week I said it was “about to be hot peppermint tea time”? Well, it came a lot sooner than I thought – I’m halfway through a cup right now. 😛 The first half I enjoyed with a delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. 🙂 And, yes, I am using my beautiful blue glass mug. The combination makes me happy. 🙂
This week, I am thankful:
- For warm, comfy leggings (thanks E!) to wear for sleeping when the temperature drops 30 degrees overnight and…
- For Ibuprofen to take when I wake up with a headache and…
- For extra Vitamin D to take when the sun disappears behind clouds for a week and…
- For a friend to text and say she’s thinking of me and praying when all three of the above things happen at once. Thanks C!
I am also thankful:
- That the large conference last weekend went well in spite of the abundant rain. At the Dining Hall where I work, we served essentially a week and a half worth of meals in three days. It was exhausting, but we’re all glad it went well – and now that it’s the weekend again, we’re all looking forward to the chance for days off to rest.
- For the maintenance worker who came out on Friday night to figure out where the water leaking into the basement bathroom at work was coming from. And then returned on Saturday to clear the clogged pipe that was overflowing. I’m also thankful that there has been no more water in the basement, in spite of all the rain.
- That our house is not in a flood-prone area. There are a lot of people suffering with the extra water from the rain.
It is currently not raining and the chances for tomorrow are down to 10% after a week of rain. By the afternoon we may see the sun again. I am hopeful. 🙂 I hope your week has been less damp than mine. I hope if you have things you are thankful for, you’ll feel free to share in the comments. Thanks for reading!