It’s Thursday again. It’s been a rather varied week for me. Some good things (like Pacific Rim – yes, I liked it, and I love going to the movies) and some not so good (like it taking two hours for my brain to shut down to sleep on Monday night, even though I went to bed at what counts for me as early).
I did walk to my closest public library on Saturday, which I haven’t done before. It’s about four miles round trip, though thankfully it’s pretty much all flat. 🙂 I got hot and tired and thirsty and sweaty and it was great. I’m undeniably out of shape, but it felt good to set a goal and make it. I am thankful for a mostly healthy body so I can do things like that even though I was stiff the next day. I’m also thankful, in no particular order, for:
- paper plates, so frozen pizza Saturday night didn’t add to the dishes pile (though I did make some progress on said pile Sunday night)
- water fountains with free, clean, cool water for anyone who wants it – I took advantage of ones at the library and at the grocery store on my walk Saturday.
- hot running water – much as I dislike washing dishes, having hot water at the turn of a tap certainly helps. It could be so much worse – and is for a lot of the world.
- cute, soft, smiley babies (no, I’m not having one, my boss brought her nine-month-old grandson to visit work today and I held him and he smiled at me)
- homemade popcorn with season salt – made a batch to go with a DVD Friday night. It’s so yummy.
- free chocolate ice cream (leftover from an event at work)
- the fact that I am not a black cow – I drive by a couple fields of them and I wonder “how can they take the heat? Standing outside in the sun all day in a black fur jacket they can’t take off…” (admittedly, there are other reasons to be glad for not being a cow – blogging with hooves would be difficult)
Are there any simple pleasures you are thankful for, like cool water? Or anything you’re thankful you’re not? 🙂 Feel free to share them!