Nothing much terribly exciting happened this week (which is probably a good thing :-)). Got the oil changed in my car Saturday and did the grocery shopping, did the laundry on Sunday, work the rest of the week… I did watch The Impossible Saturday night, about a family caught in the 2004 tsunami in Thailand, which was good, but more intense than I had thought it would be.
In spite of the lack of ‘excitement’ there are still plenty of things to be thankful for this week, like:
- Ibuprofen when I need it to make the pain go away
- warm chocolate chip pancakes (plus the convenience of a mix ;-))
- a non-stick electric griddle to make them on – thanks to J&L who gave it to me
- free food – we had the annual barbeque over lunch at work today, since a lot of staff members were in from out of town this week. I enjoyed my hot dog and watermelon and chips, as well as the companionship around the table.
- fascinating succulent flowers (see the bottom section of this post for more pictures and information)
- teeny little cute babies – one of my co-workers from a different department brought her three week old daughter to see us at the barbeque today 🙂 such tiny fingers and toes!
- that the heatwave finally broke last Sunday – this morning when I got in the car it was twenty degrees cooler than it was at the same time a week ago. Turned out to be perfect weather for the barbeque.
- renewed contact with a friend from my college days after several years of being out of touch. Turns out we now live about an hour from each other!
Have you anything you’re thankful for that you’d like to share? I’d love to read it if you do!