I had a good long weekend, with a softball tournament, a trip to visit family, my niece’s birthday party & trip to the county fair, and then a nice slow Monday off (though I did drive back that day). I’ve decided long weekends are the way to go. 🙂 The rest of the week has been pretty much business as usual.
This week, I’m thankful for many things, including:
- Funnel cakes in all their crispy, doughy, sugary, warm deep-fried goodness. 😀
- A cool breeze through my window when my room gets stuffy at night.
- Audio books – I borrowed a Louis L’Amour to listen to on the drive last weekend. (For those of you who don’t know, Louis wrote bestselling Westerns for over thirty years, starting in the ’50s.) Thanks for passing along the love Mom. 🙂
- The ease of travel these days – so I could get to my brother & sister-in-law’s house in half a day by car, instead of it taking a week and a half, or more, by wagon.
- My family. Sharing laughter, hugs, good food, good advice, and just time together. I am so thankful that my family gets along.
- Grocery stores that are open late.
Have you been blessed with family – or friends like family? Read – or listened to – any good books lately?