That anti-thankful list from the other day is still true. I am still not thankful for bird doin’s on my car. But I am thankful to have a car. Dead things by the side of the road are still gross, people who drive slower than I want to go are still frustrating. But at least I haven’t hit anything with this car yet and the worst thing I ever hit with my other car was a possum (and possibly a very small snake… I tried to miss him, but I couldn’t see in the rearview if I did or not). Hair in the shower drain may be neverending, but at least I have nice thick hair that grows quickly enough for me to have donated to Locks of Love twice. I really am usually* a persistent enough optimist that I occasionally annoy myself. 🙂
There are lots of things to be thankful for this week, including:
- oregano in my homemade rice and broccoli soup to give it that extra bit of yumminess (confession: oregano is my favorite spice and goes in pretty nearly everything I make that isn’t sweet)
- the return of some mid-eighties days (30-ish Celsius) after the cooler Fall temps last week. Fall/autumn is gorgeous, but it always makes me think of winter, of which I am not a fan.
- my new long skirt from Goodwill – black and white pattern, ankle-length, and swirly enough to be fun without being super full. All it needed was a drawstring to compensate for the tired elastic and it’s now on my top ten favorite skirts list.
- music like this (awesome piano…)
- having finally potted up my two baby spider plants on Sunday afternoon, so now I don’t have to feel guilty about them sitting in their used-yogurt-cup of water anymore
- dumpster “diving” four free chairs. They weren’t in the dumpster, so it’s not technically “diving”… but they were next to it. 🙂 The seats need re-upholstered (about which I have grand ideas), they are a bit wobbly, and I think they’re actually meant to be dining room chairs, but they are still a good step up from the folding camp chair I’ve been using at my desk for the last year.
Anything you’re thankful for you’d like to add to my list? You can add anti-thankful things too, if you want!
*key word usually. When I get tired or hungry or cranky or depressed, the optimism often fades. Sometimes I’m optimistic in spite of my bad mood, though, which is when I get laughingly annoyed with myself. :-p