I’ve got pretty much no opening paragraph this week… hadn’t thought up anything ahead of time and my brain is apparently all out of clever at the moment (wonder if it’ll take a rain check?). I do have quite a variety of things to be thankful for though. Things like:
- those little square reflectors on top of the guardrails that let you know where the road is at night when they’ve been resurfacing and haven’t painted the lines back on yet
- a greenhouse/nursery close enough to work to visit with a friend over lunch today (ah, the green things… so much variety, so many I wanted… :-))
- that even though they remind me of winter to come, Fall mornings still smell good
- the homemade chicken soup I cooked over the weekend that turned out rather delicious (I think it was the first time I’ve made chicken soup from ‘scratch’)
- getting another box of books unpacked… I’m a slow unpacker, what can I say? The books do look pretty all in a row on the shelf, though. 🙂
- good ‘old’ movies like Secondhand Lions that make me laugh and think and a touch melancholy all in less than two hours. I love that movie (watched it this weekend since the movies I wanted at the library were checked out).
Don’t let that beautiful picture fool you, though. The weather this week has been just as much this:
How’s the weather in your corner of the world? Is it something to be thankful for, or are there other things on your list?