Fall has well and truly arrived and I’m finally embracing it. I saw some geese headed south against the sunset earlier this week and was struck by the beauty, but I didn’t have my camera for a picture. A lot of the trees on my commute are changing colors now, which is fun to watch. Nothing very exciting happened to me this week (though the third bullet mentions something exciting for a friend of mine :-)), so without further ado: I am thankful this week for/that…
- they painted the lines back on the road where they were resurfacing – this makes my Monday evening drive the back way to church for Bible study easier.
- they also repainted the lines on part of my normal to/from work drive – there is a patch
where I think someone figured out the paint was still wet and then drove over it multiple times to make a squiggly pattern. It makes me smile at the silliness of people every time I see it. 🙂 I bet it drives the line-painter people crazy.
- a healthy baby boy born to one of my best friends on Monday night – welcome to the world little E! 🙂 [I know you’ve got a profusion of Aunts already, but I’m adding myself to the list anyway ;-)]
- driving through flurries of airborne leaves on my way to work this morning – it made me smile and think of the wonder of my first Fall at college and the whirligigs of leaves in the parking lot
- homemade chocolate chip cookies that someone brought to share
- a new leaf on the begonia cutting that is growing roots in a glass jar on my desk – I’ve never had begonias before, we’ll see if it survives the transition to a pot…
If you’ve got anything you’re thankful for this week, feel free to add to my list!