According to this post by one of the WordPress people, November is NaBloPoMo – a not quite acronym that means National Blog Posting Month. The challenge is to “post once every day for the entire month of November. No theme, no word count, no rules; just you,
your blog, and 30 new posts.” I’m not up to a post a day (as evidenced by this post being on the 5th, rather than the 1st), that would probably be setting myself up for failure. I do feel the current Tuesday and Thursday posting schedule is working, but you may see some additional Wednesday or Friday posts this month. Perhaps I’ll try some new topics or new formats.
In honor of NaBloPoMo, here is a set of informational questions I got from a blog that I found through a comment on one I read more regularly (she said she got it off a friend’s Facebook, back in March, so it’s been passed around). For those of you who know me IRL, some of this will be repeat information, but I’m hoping there are enough unique questions to interest you. (Link to original post: http://www.live-with-laughter.blogspot.com/2013/03/50while-i-wait.html – I took some questions out.)
1. How do you like your steak? Medium. Pink in the middle but not oozy. I haven’t had a steak in a while… now I’m hungry…
2. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Despicable Me 2 and I laughed my head off. 🙂 No wait, I think Pacific Rim for the third time was more recent than that. Yes, third time, it was the cheap theater and some things are just better on a ginormous screen. 😀 [Side note: spell check has ginormous in it?? I thought it was a made up word!]
3. What is your favorite TV show? Ohh so many to chose from – which is one of the reasons I no longer have cable. Deadliest Catch, NCIS, Dirty Jobs, Leverage, Top Shot, Sons of Guns… I like quite a range of things, though you can see Discovery Channel and I used to be BFFs. 🙂
4. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Oy, this is a tough one. Probably exacerbated by my being an MK… part of me wants to say Papua New Guinea, where I grew up. Part of me wants to say any where that is close to a majority of family and has a job I like. But then part of me says “where’s the adventure in that? C’mon, anywhere in the world? Say something cool like Kenya or New Zealand or …”
5. What did you have for breakfast? The usual – off-brand cheerios and milk.
6. What is your favorite cuisine? Mmm, so much good food out there. My favorite would probably be anything handmade by people who really know what they’re doing and love it. I’ve had some really good Mexican food that way… I think Mexican and Italian are tied for the top.
7. What foods do you dislike? Pretty much all seafood (so I guess that’s an exception to the above), mushrooms, peas, raw onions, stewed tomatoes, raw tomatoes (but I like tomato based things, like spaghetti or salsa), squash soup… I could go on… the list used to be longer, believe it or not.
8. Favorite dressing? Either Ranch or Italian/Caesar – depending on what I’m in the mood for.
9. What are your favorite clothes? I love long skirts with just enough flow to them to kick around your ankles when you walk. They’re getting harder to find these days, though.
10. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
This one is a tie between the Solomon Islands and Ireland, for so many reasons. It might depend on what time of year I had the chance.
11. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Generally half full. Unless I’m feeling out of sorts.
12. Where would you want to retire? I have no idea; there are so many options and so many factors…
13. Favorite time of day? A tie between sunset, because they are so beautiful, and nighttime. [Wow, all these ties make me look indecisive… so many choices, though.]
14. What is your favorite sport to watch? Depends who I’m watching it with – either American football or golf – I don’t really watch sports on my own at all. Football parties do tend to have the best snack foods, though…
15. What book are you reading right now? I’m reading two, both nostalgic old books 🙂 Mrs. Mike (1947) by Benedict & Nancy Freedman and Silver Brumby’s Daughter (1960) by Elyne Mitchell
16. If you could learn to play an instrument you’ve never played before, what would it be? Since I used to play clarinet and I’ve played piano off and on, I think I’d go in a whole new direction and try something like fiddle.
17. Bird watcher? Not really. Being nearsighted doesn’t help. 😛
18. Are you a morning person or a night person? Definitely a night person. While I will grant you that they can be beautiful, mornings and I don’t really get along…
19. Do you have any pets? Just some slightly forlorn fish.
20. What did you want to be when you were little? Oh, I ran the whole gamut – nurse, horse trainer, mother, cowboy, I think even a professional baseball player when I was about five.
21. What is your best childhood memory? I don’t know about picking one to be the best, but I fondly remember getting to run errands with my dad when I was in kindergarten, because I only had a half day and my older brothers had to be in school all day and didn’t get to have the fun I did. I remember tugging on his hand as we walked and asking him to slow it down a gear so I could keep up. 🙂
22. Are you a cat or dog person? Depends on the dog or the cat. I’ve met obnoxious members of both species, and nice friendly ones.
23. Always wear your seat belt? Always. Even driving down the block, because I always think of the paramedics pulling me out of a mangled wreck because someone else wasn’t looking where they were going and asking “Why weren’t you wearing your seat belt?” and saying “It was just a short drive” seems so dumb.
24. Any pet peeves? Mmm, after nearly five years in the restaurant business before my current job, I’ve got quite the collection. People not paying attention to their toddlers in restaurants, people ordering from one restaurant’s menu while at another restaurant and then acting like I’m unintelligent for not knowing what they mean, people being inconsiderate… I’ll stop now. 🙂
25. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Pepperoni, spicy sausage, and black olives.
26. Favorite Flower? Um… too tough to narrow it down.
27. Favorite ice cream? Pretty much anything vanilla with chocolate-y bits – Moose Tracks, Tin Roof Sundae, Fudge Swirl, etc.
28. What type of jewelry do you like? Silver/white gold, but simple. No giant chunks or dangly earrings.
29. Favorite fast food restaurant? A tie between Wendy’s and Arby’s depending on what I’m in the mood for.
30. From whom did you get your last email? Personal email that wasn’t from a company? From my friend S, whose blog Splashes of Beauty is linked on my sidebar. She’s awesome.
31. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Do I have to pay it back? 😉 It’s a toss up between Barnes & Noble for books and something like JC Penny or Khol’s for clothes (I’m not a clotheshorse, but my wardrobe could use some help… I am a bibliophile, though. :-))
32. Do anything spontaneous lately? Does buying an unplanned packet of Peanut M&Ms to go with my rented movie the other weekend count?
33. Like your job? Yes.
34. What was your favorite vacation? The first one that comes to mind is the semi-impromptu trip my friend M and I made to Huntington Beach, SC (south of Myrtle, so not as full of people) in September 2008, right before I moved up north. We were both working restaurant jobs, so we could go on a weekday, and just the two of us. It was my last beach trip and it was glorious in so many ways (except for the part where we forgot to bring bugspray…) 🙂
35. What are you listening to right now? “Arwen’s Vigil” by The Piano Guys on my Pandora station. I have this album and I love it.
36. What is your favorite color? Blue in pretty much any shade. Green and purple are good too.
37. How many tattoos do you have? That’s assuming I have any. I don’t, but I’ve thought about getting one for a long time now. We’ll see if it ever happens.
38. Favorite smells? Rain – coming or just after; chocolate chip cookies baking; gardenias in the sun; fresh mown hay; growing things…
39. Favorite kind of puzzles? Picture puzzles. Fun memories of doing them with family. Though I have recently gotten into Sudoku, I give up if they are too hard. 😛
40. Coffee Drinker? Only if I can’t taste the coffee for all the milk and chocolate. 🙂
Whew, that was longer than I thought it would be! Apparently I am unable to give short answers. 🙂 If you made it all the way to the end, did you learn something new about me?