Fall is winding down now – we’re moving into the season of the blowing heater and wearing insulating layers and static electricity. I got my car’s oil changed this weekend – and got the leaky tire with a screw in it patched. 😛 I’m thinking I might get some Christmas lights for my balcony this year; I was looking at them while I waited for my car in the shop across the parking lot. Those will have to wait until after Thanksgiving, though.
I’ve got nothing else but random bouncing around in my brain right now, so without further ado, here are the things I’m thankful for this week:
- being able to call my parents, now that we’re in the same country (instead of calculating for the time difference, then messaging them and waiting to see if they check their email, and if the internet connection is good, and if they have time to Skype to my
phone, and…) Don’t get me wrong, I am super thankful for all the ways we are able to communicate with them over there, but being able to just call them… *happy sigh* 🙂
- people who pray for me
- fun movie adventures with friends (see below)
- single serving cottage cheese containers that I just discovered – I like cottage cheese, but I haven’t had it in a long time because I like it in small doses and a full container goes bad before I finish it. Single serve is the perfect afternoon snack solution.
- getting some more books unpacked this weekend – yes, there’s still more to go 🙂
- laughter in unexpected places
Movie adventures: remember a couple of weeks ago when I said I’d been to my friend’s house that weekend and possibly more fun was in the works? Well, we decided to go to the midnight premier of the second Hunger Games movie Catching Fire that opens tonight. I haven’t been to a midnight premier since Lord of the Rings: Return of the King way back in college (where I met this friend) and she’s never been to one. Then we decided to be sane and picked a 10 pm showing instead. 😀 We’re planning to watch the first movie with dinner before we go, and then afterwards I’m spending the night at their place, since it’s actually closer to work than mine.
I’m super ridiculously excited. 😀 Anything exciting or fun you’d like to add my list? Or just whatever you’re thankful for…