The weather this week has been mostly cold – we’ve still got large patches of snow on the ground – but supposedly it’s going to warm up to the sixties this weekend (15-20 C), which will feel nice and warm. It will also be nice not to drive in the snow as I head north to see family for Christmas this weekend. 🙂 Super excited about seeing them.
In non-weather news, it’s been an up-and-down week on the sleep cycle (I haven’t been to a sleep specialist to get it diagnosed, but I have a delayed circadian rhythm – which makes mornings difficult often. Your circadian rhythm is the cycle of your body that tells you when to sleep and wake up – it’s what gives you jet lag when you travel). Progress is being made, though, slowly but surely. Now I just need to make sure the holidays don’t set me back…
Anyway, this week I am thankful for:
- lint rollers
- the kind man who returned my cart to the pen for me at the grocery store last night
- Christmas cards from co-workers that make me smile
- sisters-in-law who are forgiving when I forget their birthday – sorry ladies! (I have fabulous sisters-in-law)
- safe travel for my parents on their cross country journey – it’s always fun messaging them to find out what state they’re in now 🙂 (I’m pretty sure most people don’t get to do that with their parents)
- only one more day of work before Christmas break! 😀
Are you thankful for anything this week? Feel free to add it to the comments!