This has been quite the “interesting” weather week – sunny and 45 (7 C) on Saturday then several inches of snow on Monday and freezing rain and ice on Wednesday… I’m ready to be done with winter weather already! But I know the precipitation is good for the water table, which is good for the crops, which is good for my stomach eventually, so I shouldn’t complain too much. At any rate, I am thankful this week for:
- my parents came to visit! 😀 I am thankful for how much fun we have just hanging out.
- my dad being willing to help me hack the ice off my car yesterday morning (when someone will brave freezing rain, slippery conditions, and flying ice chips when they don’t technically have to, that’s when you know they love you 🙂 )
and to help me with the chairs, even though neither of us had done anything like that before.
- that the roads were eventually clear enough of ice to drive to work and that none of the many, many fallen trees and limbs we saw landed on our cars
- the peppermint tea that my sister-in-law sent with my parents – I love peppermint tea, but I haven’t had any for a long time. Now I will think of her and smile every time I have a cup; thanks C!
- that the cup of said tea that I knocked over yesterday was actually empty when I thought it had enough left in it to make a mess on my desk. I did suck half the oxygen out of my cube before I realized the cup was actually empty, though.
One of the many nice things about having my parents visit is that dinner is being cooked as I type – I don’t have to do it myself! – so I am wrapping this up and heading off. Here’s to ice-free roads, peppermint tea, and family that love me. What are you thankful for this week?