Again I find myself struggling to sum up a week in just a few hundred words (actually two weeks, since I missed posting on the 13th, although I explained my reason for missing in this post.) As the aforementioned post explains, we had some intense winter weather this past week. I made myself sore shoveling – which is not a bad thing, it just means I’m out of shape, which I already knew. Love my job though I do, sitting in an office chair does not count as exercise.
There have also been some ups and downs with the Olympics – and with my access to watch them; I used the sports grill down the street a couple of nights. I am now in love with their strawberry smoothie, but I digress. Closing Ceremonies are televised this Sunday evening, which means it will soon all be over for another four years. Well, over for me as a consumer of Olympics, not for the athletes, and only four years in a Winter Olympic sense, we all know Rio has the 2016 Summer Games coming… 🙂
Anyways, I feel like I am rambling, so I’ll just start my thankful list now. In no particular order, I am thankful for:
- co-worker friends to eat lunch with who make me laugh
- that it was sunny and above freezing today and yesterday, so the snow is melting away (it did re-freeze overnight, though)
- the package I got yesterday from a friend and former college roommate that made me smile (thanks for the earrings & necklace E! Good times we had…)
- sweet, crunchy baby carrots to help me get my vegetables year round – I eat some with lunch most days
- that because of the initial dryness of the snow and the light wind, the snow from the big storm didn’t stick to power lines or trees in my area, so I didn’t lose power (now the ice storm on the 5th of this month was another story… I just saw today a crew out with a chipper, dealing with downed trees from that storm along my commute)
- strawberries – in the last two weeks I’ve had strawberry smoothies, strawberry lemonade, chocolate covered strawberries…
Alright, that’s all I can think of for now. Here’s to snow shovels, strawberries, and the power staying on – how was your week?