Well, it’s been an up and down kind of week. Some successes, some failures, some rain, some snow, some good ideas and some not-so-good. I suppose it all averages out in the end, but I’m ready for both me and the weather to even out a bit. 😛 Supposedly the weekend will be warm, which will be nice, and there is some hope for progress for me too.
Even with the ups and downs, I have things to be thankful for this week. Things like:
- my co-worker friend who invited me to watch the Oscars at her house on a rainy Sunday night, since I don’t have cable (I love the Oscars) – and then was kind enough to let me stay two nights when we got nearly 8 more inches of snow on Monday
- supportive family and friends who responded in multiple ways to my post on SAD – having support really does help
- the patient technician at the eye doctors who helped me pick out and order my new glasses yesterday (my current pair is ten years old…) – some decisions are a process
- the fun of playing with play dough again for the first time in a while (the co-worker whose house I stayed at Monday has two young children who were home from school/pre-school because of the snow)
- Nutella. I don’t buy it for myself because it isn’t really good for my blood sugar, but my friend had some at her house and Nutella with graham crackers makes a fabulous dessert. 😀 It also brings back fond childhood memories…
Alright, I usually try for a round half-dozen, but I’m tired tonight and spinning my mental wheels a bit, so I’ll stop with five. Here’s to supportive people, chocolate hazelnut spread, and melting snow. What are you thankful for this week?
P.S: meant to get my new header picture up a couple weeks ago, but it’s still cold enough for it anyway…