… even though it isn’t Thursday. I realize it’s been twelve days since I posted last. The catch-up with pictures post I meant to get up last Wednesday didn’t happen… I did start a Thankful Thursday post on the 27th, but then I got massively distracted and by the time I realized how late it was, I decided not to finish it but to go to bed instead. Friday was not a good day and I ended up staying home from work, so I didn’t get the post up a day late like I had thought I might. March has been my lowest number of posts in a month so far, but that doesn’t entirely surprise me, especially since I haven’t even had this blog running a year yet. Thank you to those of you have stuck around through the drought. 🙂
Reading back over last week’s list, it all still applies so, without further ado (but a little modification for date clarification,) here are some of the things I’m thankful for this week:
- that even though it snowed most of the day on Tuesday, the 25th, it was light volume and small flakes, so we only wound up with 2-3 inches instead of 6-8. Plus, it was pretty in the sun later.
- that dragon wing begonia flowers have a little bit of iridescence – I’m not often a fan of pink and sparkly, but these beauties on my coffee table make me happy
- that waking up with a horrible headache like I did last Thursday morning isn’t something that happens every day
- the laughter we shared at a joint work birthday party Wednesday (and having job where they actually care if you’ve had a birthday, though mine wasn’t this month)
- free Mexican food left over from someone else’s meeting for lunch last Thursday
- the fun of taking myself to see Divergent on Sunday afternoon. This time I deliberately didn’t read the book(s) before the movie came out, because I wanted to see if a movie adaptation really could work for a non-book-reader (since I had already read the books for The Hunger Games and Catching Fire and Ender’s Game before I even knew the movies were a possibility.) In this case, the movie did work – I found it to be understandable and enjoyable, with only a few minor clarifications needed (which I got from my cousin who has read the books – thanks K! 🙂 ) Now I have the dilemma of deciding whether to read the books, or to wait for all the movies first…
I know this doesn’t really count as an update post for those of you who know me in real life, but at least you know I’m still here and kicking. :-] I’m glad that today was a lot warmer than it was a week ago and that there are the beginnings of green things happening outside. I’m not hoping the cold is really truly gone yet, I know we can still get (have gotten) snow in April, but the tops of daffodils peeking out are a good sign. So things are looking up weather-wise, and there has been some progress in other areas, but there is still a lot of hard work ahead of me to get myself more consistently regulated.
To that end, I should get going. But I had this list and this beautiful picture almost ready to go, so I wanted to share them with you. Happy April everyone!