Blech. I just spent an hour working on filing my taxes online. (I know, I know, the procrastination…) Maybe I should have done this post first, so I could be all cheery like I was this morning – it was sunny and warm enough to drive to work without a jacket! 🙂 I listened to my new-to-me Irish Jigs & Reels compilation CD and smiled and nodded for most of the 45 minute drive. But the taxes do need done and life can’t always be sunshine and fiddles (as I well know!) so you get post-taxes, slightly brain-fried me instead.
Speaking of sunny and warm this morning, the weather has been steadily warming up. We’ve had our share of rain again this week, but I like rain so much better than snow. (Well, I should qualify that, I like rain in “normal” amounts – not like they’ve been getting in the Solomon Islands, where my parents were assigned until last year. It’s awful the damage that too much water can do.) Today’s high was 70 and this weekend is supposed to be the same or even into the mid- to upper 70s (low 20s C.) 🙂
So I am looking forward to the weekend, even if it does mean I’ll need to finish my taxes. 😛 Along with the present and coming sunshine, I am thankful for:
- the cheddar jalapeño Cheetos I bought that were on sale at the grocery store… I am a sucker for things crunchy-salty-spicy-cheesy and cheap is even better 🙂 So yummy, even if they aren’t the healthiest …
- an unanticipated gift from a friend after her travels – a black coral necklace set from the Philippines
- having online dictionaries available so I can look up things like the spell-check being right about it being “cheesy” and not “cheesey” 😛
- the beauty and promise of new leaves starting on hedges by sidewalks and bushes along the road. Most of the big trees along my commute aren’t awake yet, but seeing the green haze forming on the shrubbery gives me hope that maybe Spring really is here. 🙂
- the fun and laughter had at my church’s youth talent night last Friday – it was fun to see how many talented young people we have (we saw everything from karate to violin to comedy) and an enjoyable way to spend a Friday night, especially since the first softball game of the season scheduled for that evening got rained out
- not getting any spaghetti sauce on my light blue shirt while eating leftover spaghetti for lunch today. 🙂 It’s always a possibility and tomato sauce stains so. 😛
And that wraps it up for this week’s thankful list. Here’s to tiny growing leaves, spicy-crunchy orange yumminess, and tomato-sauce-free shirts. 🙂 Feel free to add your own thankfulness to the list!