I woke up late this morning and even though I still made it to work I’ve been in a bit of a funk most of the day for some unknown reason. And I didn’t write anything down ahead of time, so the thankful list is going to be a bit more of a stretch this week…
I do think it’s still a good exercise to engage in, though, so here are some things I am thankful for this week:
- that the church-league softball team I watch/cheer for actually got to play two games last Friday (after having been rained out of nearly every game since the season started) – also, we won them both, so we are now 3-0
- the perfectly ripe banana I had as a snack this afternoon – and since I grew up in the tropics, you know I’m picky about my bananas! 😛
- that we have radar systems and weather websites and other things to warn us of what is (or may be) coming. It’s raining hard now and will probably continue so off and on all night and into tomorrow. I heard on the radio this morning that we can expect 2-3 inches by the time it’s done, which is enough to send out river flood warnings in this area.
- the beautiful lavender and white and yellow irises that a co-worker brought in to the office rather than just let them lie there after they were knocked over by a storm earlier this week
- my new green folding umbrella that I finally bought last week, a couple weeks after my trusty old blue umbrella I’d had for twelve years broke
- that in spite of being made of sugar and spice and everything nice, I won’t actually melt in the rain 🙂
Well, it took longer than it should have and that last one is probably stretching things a little, but I made it to six things, which was the goal. 🙂 And, judging from the smiley faces, I may have managed to cheer myself up a bit. Do you have anything to be cheerful about, or thankful for, that you’d like to add to the list?