They say… well, “they” say lots of things, but I can’t find one to fit this week. Not that it was spectacular, though it had some wonderful and very happy moments in it, nor was it horrible, though it had some exhaustion and some frustration and some more bird doin’s on my car (though nothing like when the starlings came through last year.) It was sort of an average week, except that it had my birthday in it (which I thoroughly enjoyed), and a complete lack of dishes washed or laundry done (both are in dire need…). I guess you’ll have those more often than not. Average weeks, that is, not birthdays.
Anyway, enough rattling on. This week I am thankful for:
- the crispy crunchy delicious bits on the edge of a good piece of carne asada, like I had at the Mexican restaurant where I took myself for an early birthday dinner earlier this week
- the joy of good finds when used/bargain book shopping 🙂
- getting birthday cards in the mail, which are now sitting in a row on my desk and making me smile
- a wonderful food- and fun-filled wrap up to the ladies’ Bible study at church
- a long weekend coming up!
- the men and women who have served in our country’s military in a myriad of ways, especially those who gave their lives, as we honor them this weekend
I hope your long weekend (if you get one) is marvelous and your birthdays are always filled with as many smiles as mine was. As always, the invitation to add your own thankful things is as open as the comment box.