Another week has slipped by, composed, as they all are, of moments big and small. Moments like laughing with the other women fans at the softball game on Friday evening – it was good to have the weather to play two weeks in a row for the first time this season, but unfortunately our team lost. Moments of awe at the lightning on my way home yesterday, and then again at the torrential rain this afternoon. Moments of discontent as I struggle to decide what’s for dinner when I really don’t want to cook in the heat and humidity. Moments like laughing as I found myself randomly humming “Little Bunny Foo Foo” in the attempt to fall asleep the other night. Lots of moments – big, small, funny, strange, boring, and exciting, my week has covered the whole range.
In among those moments are things to be thankful for. Things like:
- having a few more fans that usual at the game last Friday, including one adorable little 3 1/2 year-old boy who was wearing his adopted uncle out with “races” up and down the fence line 🙂
- Chex Mix – I’ve said it before, and I’ll undoubtedly say it again, I’m a sucker for salty, crunchy, savory things
- interesting free books being given away at work – one of the departments often gets unsolicited advance copies in the hope of a positive review, so periodically they dump them in the cafe for anyone who wants to pick through them. I’m most likely never going to read all the ones I’ve picked up over the months, since they’re mostly non-fiction and I keep them at work where I don’t do most of my reading, but they are still interesting and it’s not like they cost me anything. 🙂
- that I can laugh at myself when the occasion calls for it 🙂
- the multiple opportunities this week to pray for and with people
- my brother and sister-in-law celebrating their tenth wedding anniversary this week – congrats J & L! I’m so thankful to have as many examples of good marriages in my family as I do.
I hope your week contained some wonderful moments along with the mundane ones. I’d love to hear it if you’re thankful for any of them. 🙂