My brain seems to go in a rut sometimes, so I struggle not to start every week’s post with “Well, it’s been another week.” 🙂 They say variety is the spice of life, but sometimes the spice cabinet gets a little empty…
It has been another week since I posted my last Thankful Thursday list, though. A week that had many things in it, including yet another cancelled Friday night softball game. 😦 I had a fun shopping trip instead, though, so that helped. I also enjoyed talking to my friend M and my parents on the phone the next day. Oh, and I borrowed John Carter from the library and watched it for the first time. I’m thankful I didn’t have the preconceptions from the books to get hung up on like I think a lot of other reviewers did, but I do now have the urge to read the books. 🙂 It had its cheesy moments and a couple dumb ones, but it was very well done visually and I found the story satisfying. I watched it again with the director/writer commentary on and when I realized how much they loved the source material and what they’d made of it, it made me sad that it flopped so badly and there won’t be another.
Oh well, in spite of canceled games and a lack of John Carter sequels, there are still a multitude of things to be thankful for. Such as:
- finding the beauty in the storm
- that it was just a thunderstorm last night and not a tornado tearing my town apart
- inspiring music like this, which is playing on Pandora right now (Thanks D for giving me the soundtrack!)
- that I don’t have to wear heels every day – it’s Board Meeting week here at work and so business wear is required rather than our usual relaxed business casual (which allows tennis shoes as long as they are nice.) I like my current set of “basic blacks” but my feet are still not feeling cheery.
- that the relatively frills-free iron I was given the summer before I started college (so a while ago…) still works well enough for me to iron my dress pants last night so I could wear them today without looking like I’d slept in them
- the two new long, prettily patterned, lightweight skirts I bought last Friday – they are not business wear, so they’ll have to wait for next week, but I was so happy to find ankle length skirts that weren’t straight cut. I have hips, I am not a rectangle! 😛
On that note, I’m going to wrap this up. 🙂 Here’s to good music, heels-free days, and new skirts that make me happy. Do you have anything you’re thankful for you’d like to add to my list? Have you seen John Carter – and what did you think if so?