I missed posting last Thursday due to being busy with facilitating a conference at work that day and it has been a busy two weeks. Lots of things going on at work, including said conference, lots of apartment cleaning (see the fourth bullet below), and a fair amount of standing there with the fridge door open thinking What am I going to have for dinner?
Thankfully, dinner has been happening in one form or another, the apartment is now much cleaner and thus more fun to come home to, and we’re slowly making progress on several fronts at work. I’m scheduled to move cubes next Wednesday, so I’ve got between now and then to pack (my department is moving from the first floor up to the third floor in the same building) and, shockingly, I have already started sorting through things. It will be interesting to be in a new space, as I’ve been in the same cube for just over two years now.
Between last week and this week, there have been a multitude of things to be thankful for. Unfortunately I haven’t been writing them down as I think of them, so here are a few I can think of I am thankful for now:
- the custodians who come and pick up our trash at work (and with this move, we’re generating a lot of trash!)
- the cute little two-shelf bookshelf that I got because the head of my department was getting rid of it because her new office is going to be smaller (this is the first time in my life that I’ve actually owned more shelves than I have books for! 😀 I may get rid of the little eleven-year-old WalMart special that gets more beat up and rickety every time I move, though.)
- that being a host site for the conference last week went well, even if they were long, tiring days
- getting a visit from a friend I hadn’t seen in six years (and her husband whom I hadn’t met) as they are traveling around raising support as new missionaries
- the fun of learning a new card game last night from the aforementioned visitors – and then tying for first 🙂
- that I just noticed on my calendar that payday is tomorrow – getting paid regularly is something to be very thankful for!
It’s been an interesting two weeks and I expect the remaining ten days in the month (we’re supposed to be moved by the 1st) to be just as interesting, so we’ll have to see how it goes. But for now, here’s to emptied trash bins, an abundance of bookshelf-space, and fun with friends. I’d love it if you’d add anything you’re thankful for to my list.