About a hundred. That’s how many blog posts I’ve started in my head the past few weeks that have never made it to the screen. Well, alright, maybe it’s closer to ten or twelve, but still. There’s definitely thinking going on here, you just haven’t gotten to see much of it. And, yes, for anyone keeping track of the dates, I know it’s Friday, but I’m keeping the title the same for consistency’s sake.
I’ve been busy, with work where we had the culmination of a very exciting pilot program yesterday and today, and projects and life in general. In fact, I was thinking about other things so much yesterday that I forgot to to wear my September 11th memorial ribbon for only the second anniversary since I got it the day after the attacks. We stopped at a Michael’s craft store for something else that day and employees there were giving away a little bundle of red, white, and blue cloth ribbons, wrapped in a yellow ribbon for remembrance, on a tiny gold safety pin. I wore it every day for a month, then every 11th until the six month anniversary, and every year but two since. One was the five year anniversary, in 2006, when I was out of the country and didn’t bring it with me. And one was yesterday, when I simply forgot what day it was until I was in the car halfway to work and it was too late to go back. I didn’t lose anyone myself that day, but sixteen-year-old me silently promised the families of those who were lost that I would never forget them – so I wear the ribbons. *shrug*
This week, in no particular order, I am thankful for:
- a successful and smooth conclusion to the aforementioned pilot program
- teamwork to get seemingly impossible things done
- that I am not the president of the United States, who has to make such terrible decisions about things like what to do about extremists, even as we’re marking the anniversary of the violence other extremists wrought
- on a lighter note, how much fun I’m having catching up on Doctor Who –
I’ve finished series 1 (the reboot from 2005, not season 1, which is from 1963) and just picked up series 2 from the library yesterday, so I’ll be getting into that this weekend 🙂 I finally begin to understand the fanaticism…
- having a co-worker friend who is also a Doctor Who fan, so I have someone to talk to about it, since apparently no one who reads here is
(or have you just not spoken up yet? 🙂 )
- the satisfaction of getting a personal project completed (for once… I have a problem with having “a really good idea” and starting it and then never finishing it…)
And now I need to go because my stomach is complaining of emptiness and there are Doctor Who episodes I haven’t seen yet waiting for me. 🙂 Here’s to sadness-tinged remembrance, someone else making the big decisions, and British-flavoured happiness. 🙂 I hope your week has been fantastic and your weekend will be the same. I’d love to hear what you’re thankful for, if you’d like to share.