Warning – if you watch the last two episodes of series 2 of Doctor Who, come prepared with tissues. This two-part finale may cause unseemly eye leaking. Good-byes are almost always hard for me, for multiple reasons, and this one is a doozy. Oof.
So that was my Tuesday night – thankfully I knew the two episodes went together and so didn’t try to squeeze one in on Monday night after the ladies’ Bible study started back up again. We’re doing the Beth Moore study on 1 & 2 Thessalonians called Children of the Day, which I haven’t done before. I also managed to get my laundry done on Tuesday night, so that was a good thing. I’ve been doing abysmally on the meal planning lately, which has resulted in a lot of PBJ and ramen. But I did manage to cook a full meal last night (which meant leftovers for lunch today), which was also a good thing. 🙂 Now I just have to figure out what to do with the remaining mashed potatoes, since I ate all the chicken and broccoli…
We’re just starting to ease into Fall weather now; cooling down significantly at night, though the days this week have been mostly beautiful, sunny & mid-seventies (23-25 C). Along with the sunshine, I am also thankful this week for:
- talking on the phone with family
- my new lunchbox that was on sale at the grocery store for $4 a couple of weeks ago. It’s not stylish, but it’s blue (which is my favorite color) and it made me smile this morning when my leftovers container fit just perfectly in it, which I hadn’t thought to try ahead of time.
- that, theoretically, the troubleshooting phase on the new online learning system at work won’t last forever
- Doctor Who gifs that make me laugh:
- wheels on office chairs – think about it, how frustrating would it be if we didn’t have them?
It’s funny that sometimes I struggle over the closing paragraph almost as much as the opening one. Mostly because I try not to repeat myself and “well, that’s all I’ve got” is far too often all that comes to mind. 😛 But I guess this will work for this week. Here’s to lunchboxes, laughter, and leftovers. Anything you’re thankful for this week?
(I’ll explain the gif if you ask 🙂 )