Fall is beginning in my corner of the world, both officially-by-the-calendar and unofficially-by-the-thermometer. The first cautious peeks of color are starting to show through on the trees. We’ve had rain and 60’s (15ish C) for the last two days. I’ve made good progress on my summer reading list, which was supposed to be finished by the 23rd, I just haven’t written up the reviews yet.
Among other things I’m sure I’ll remember later, this week I am thankful for:
- that when I was at the park this past weekend, I realized I had gotten on the wrong trail in time to turn around before it cost me more than a minute or two (which is a good thing, because I meant to be on a mile loop, but the trail I had mistakenly started out on went north for three miles before leaving the park and continuing on for another 23 miles 😮 )
- the fun of receiving three pieces of international mail on the same day – one package (the beautiful jewelry I won on the blog giveaway here), one letter, and one postcard. Thanks friends!
- that when I dropped my keys while checking the mail in the rain last night, they hooked on the strap of my purse instead of falling all the way down into the puddle at my feet
- fuzzy socks as the nights cool down but I refuse to turn on the heat in September 🙂
- a special on my favorite brand of canned soup just in time for the cooling weather – lunch was hot and delicious today
- cleaning solution for my glasses – I finally cleaned them this morning after having meant to for a couple of days; but you know how it is, you always remember when the cleaning supplies aren’t with you
That’s my usual half-dozen, so I’ll stop there. Is there anything you’re thankful for that you’d like to add to my list? Cooling weather or heating weather or something that could have gone badly and didn’t? I’d be happy to read whatever you’d like to share.