Don’t worry, faithful reader, I have not actually fallen off the face of the earth. I just had two busy Thursday evenings in a row and, though I did think about it, did not manage to get my Thankful list written early either week. In weather news, fall is firmly underway in my corner of the country. The temperatures are dropping, the birds are flying south, and the trees that were early starters on the color are now bare. There are still some green trees, though, and we’ve had some sunny days near seventy (21 C), so it’s not too bad yet.
I took last Friday off and went north to visit family for the weekend. It was a huge amount of fun to have all of us siblings and kids together, since my brother and sister-in-law were visiting from out west. We had fun and good food and a lot of laughter and quality time together. We even managed to get a couple of pretty good group photos, which is quite a trick when it involves a six year old, a four year old, and a four month old (not to mention my brothers…). 😉
So, I have a lot of things to be thankful for this week. Including:
- how that first sip of just-the-right-temperature tea feels good all the way down on a cold morning
- beautiful driving weather both days, nice to have a break from the rain
- spare bathrooms
- wonderful brothers who reattached the part of my exhaust system that wound up dragging under my car while I was driving
- the fun of throwing my sister-in-law a mini baby shower over the weekend
- finally getting a ride in my brother’s newly restored beautiful blue 1973 Ford pickup – it’s awesome
- my adorable four month old niece smiling at me 🙂
And many more that I just can’t remember at the moment. It was a wonderful weekend; really, really good to see everyone again. I hope you’ve had a double-fistful of things to be thankful for while I’ve been busy – I’d love to hear them if you want to share!