One of the things I find interesting is how having a headache makes it harder to think. I mean, if your foot hurts, unless it hurts quite a lot, that doesn’t make it harder to think. What is it about a headache that makes it harder for my brain to put words together? I don’t really have an answer, being that I have a headache at the moment and so coming up with bright answers would go under the “thinking” category which is currently more difficult than it usually is, but that’s what’s running through my head at the moment. Why, yes, since you ask, I am fond of run-on sentences (though I do try to edit them out if I need my writing to appear less casual – and the same goes for parentheses. 🙂 )
But even with a headache impacting my brain’s processing speed, there are still things to be thankful for this week. Such as:
- that I arrived home safely last night after a drive that started with fog so thick I had to use my wipers until I could get my windshield heated up enough to stop it condensing and then, when the fog had cleared for a bit, three live deer sightings in five minutes. Needless to say, I drove very cautiously through the patchy fog the rest of the way home.
- the fun of getting back to writing in my journal more frequently in recent days, even though my persistent inability to summarize when talking about Doctor Who episode plots makes my hand tired 🙂
- the Ibuprofen that is currently being digested along with a cheese-and-crackers snack and will shortly be joined by my dinner – all of which should collaborate to make my head stop hurting
- beautiful sunshine the last two mornings, even though this morning was twenty-plus degrees colder than yesterday
- the stack of Doctor Who series 5 DVDs I have waiting at home, having picked them up from the library, because they mean my weekend will be more fun than it would without them (I decided to take a break between the 10th and 11th Doctors, but now I’m ready for the new one 🙂 )
It makes me smile that I’m proud of myself for making it to six things with a brain that’s at half power (though, to be fair, I had the first one written down already, having thought of it after I got home last night.) Have you had anything to smile about this week? Do headaches make it harder for you to think too? Do you have any fun weekend plans? Please share – the comment box is always open!