In my corner of the world, the grey and the rain (soon enough to be snow) are on their way to taking over. We’re on our second day of cloudy/rainy and cool, though tomorrow is supposed to be sunnier if not warmer. There are now more leaves on the forest floor than on the trees along my daily drive, though some are still holding on. And the daylight has gone away again. I know there are supposedly rational reasons behind it, but Daylight Savings throws me off every time.
Even if there are things I’m not fond of about Fall weather, there is still beauty to the season, and for that I am thankful. I am also thankful this week for:
- pictures of family on my computer desktop that make me smile
- a hole in traffic when I needed one to merge into in the dark and rain and fog the other night
- co-workers who are helpful when I have questions
- extremely easy access to clean fresh drinking water
- a new notebook – the same as the one that sparked this post, which I liked so much that I went on a search to find another one. It was a more extensive search than I would have thought, and the cover is a different color from my original, but I still like it a lot.
- that I have the option to be picky in my choice of notebook journals if I want to – and that I finally found the one I wanted.
- that items from the library can be renewed, usually hassle-free, to give you a little more time if you need it
That’s all I’ve got this week. Simple things, perhaps, but I am thankful for them anyway. Do you have anything you’re thankful for this week – simple as a notebook, maybe, or complex as family? I enjoy reading them when you share.