The trees are mostly bare in my area now, though there are a few brightly colored hangers on. Strangely, the grass is still mainly green, I guess from all the rain, but the snow flurries that are forecast for tonight may take care of that. At least when I was listening to the radio this morning the weather people weren’t anticipating any accumulation from it at all, but we’ll see. I suppose since it is nearly mid-November, cold and snow should be admissible. But that doesn’t mean I have to like it. 🙂
I know, I know, winter happens every year, and I’ve been back in the States for long enough that I should be okay with it, but I’m just not a fan of cold. Snow itself can be beautiful and sometimes fun, but cold and miserableness is neither. 😛
Anyway, weather grumps aside, there are still things to be thankful for this week. Things such as:
- the scroll-wheel on my mouse for helping with the giant spreadsheets I’ve been dealing with at work this week (page up/down works nicely too)
- how much of a difference in warmth retention wearing tights makes – and the black ones look nice with my boots
- both current and former military service-members who we took the time to honor this week. Thank you again.
- remembering to take my multivitamins
- proofreading 🙂
- my crockpot chicken taco experiment turning out edible this weekend – I didn’t have a recipe, just an idea and some ingredients, and I tried it and it wasn’t too bad. It still needs some tweaking, adding some season salt and Tabasco sauce after the cooking helped, but it took care of three meals and it was fun to try something different.
And that’s my usual half-dozen items, so I’ll stop with that. Do any of you have ideas for what to do with the 15-20 soft corn tortillas I have leftover with nothing to put in them? Are they freezable? You can leave suggestions or things you are thankful for this week in the comment box below – I’ll be happy to see either. 🙂