Another Thursday is here; time keeps marching along (which is a good thing!) We had an un-seasonal cold-snap in much of the country this week (as I’m sure my American readers are well aware,) we were twenty or more degrees below the highs that are usual for this time of year here. Thankfully, unlike when I was a freshman in college and newly returned to this land of frozen winters from the tropics, I have the things I need to layer up and insulate to keep the cold at bay, but this does not make me think happy thoughts about what’s coming in a few weeks when winter really arrives. Oh well, it’s not like I can stop it coming. 😛
I do have a number of things to be thankful for this week, including:
- fun country music like this to sing along with on my way to work in the morning (it’s funny and a nice tribute to how hard Moms work – you should listen to it)
- having those rocker/ “lazy” light switches in my apartment – it’s nice to be able to use your elbow when both hands are full
- that the new brand of multi-grain bread I decided to try because it was on sale buy-one-get-one-free turned out to be quite good. Whole/ multi-grain breads have come a long way.
- having an extra blanket to add to the three I already had on the bed when I was having trouble falling asleep because I was cold a couple nights ago – and there are more in the closet if it comes to that 🙂
- that I think I fixed the gasket issue on my bedroom window that was resulting in it not closing properly (hence the cold room, though some of it is because it’s a big window and is uninsulated) – I probably won’t open it again until Spring is here
- that I don’t live further north anymore, where they got an incredible amount of lake-effect snow this week. I know the snow is coming our way, but I can wait a while. We had enough of that last winter. 😛
Oh, and thank you to those of you who contributed ideas on use of my leftover corn tortillas last week. I didn’t have any eggs to scramble with them, but I bought a can of refried beans and did a combination of beans & tortilla dinners and toaster oven quesadillas. Fortunately, I ran out of beans and salsa at the same time and had just enough cheese left to use up the remaining four tortillas. Perfect – and yummy. 🙂
So, here’s to successfully used leftovers, extra blankets, and easy-use light switches. Were you thankful for any of the same things as me this week? Or other things? You can share them if you’d like.