How to start the post this week? Nothing terribly significant happened, except that I finally picked up series 7 of Doctor Who from the library last night. The break between series 6 & 7 was longer than I had originally intended. Partly it was because Thanksgiving weekend was in there, which was given over to the Hunger Games in both movie and book formats. But partly, I decided last night, not watching series 7 is like saving the last chocolate in the box, because even though it’s good and you want it, once you eat it they’re all gone. This is the last series (Americans would call it a season) before I catch up to where the show is currently at – though technically series 8 has wrapped now, so I do have that to look forward to. (I didn’t watch it as it aired this year, except for the first episode, because I was too busy catching up on the previous series, and I don’t have cable at home anyway.) So that will be an exciting and sad chunk of my weekend.
But as far as the rest of the week went, these are the things I’m thankful for:
- finding one more clean spoon in the drawer when I thought I was out
- getting my first Christmas card of the year (thanks Mom & Dad!) 🙂
- PowerPoint skills, which let me assist a co-worker this week with scanning pictures and building a slideshow for her husband’s 60th birthday celebration coming up
- free weekend parking at the garages between Thanksgiving and Christmas – I don’t pay for it if I stay less than two hours at the library, because they validate the ticket, but free parking saves several steps (including that awkward “argh, I couldn’t pull up close enough and now I have to unbuckle and stretch to get the thing…” part. Or is that just me?)
- miniature candy canes, because they let me enjoy a candy cane but consume a bit less sugar in the process
- surviving getting the #1 table at the company Christmas party yesterday for the “12 days of Christmas” song – they handed the numbers out after we ate this year, so there was no scheming to get the higher numbers and thus less popping up and down every time your “day” is sung. 😛 We did have some hilarity when the song leader lost track in the middle…
That’s all I can think of for now. How did your week go? What’s your opinion of miniature candy canes? Been to any Christmas parties yet? I’d love to hear whatever you’d like to share.