My brain has a million things swirling around in it right now (hopefully more on that later) and so I’m a bit scattered. We got a significant snowstorm on Saturday (8-10 inches, 20-25 cm) and just this morning got another inch or so on top of the snow that was left. It actually made the drive to work very pretty, since it covered up all the places the old snow had gotten dirty and smoothed over the edges where it had started to get jagged from melting. Thankfully the horrible cold from last week has eased a bit, we’ve actually been over freezing four days this week.
There are more things to be thankful for besides a tiny bit warmer weather, too. Things like:
- a nice scale to borrow when I needed to weigh something
- checking things off my to-do list
- coming home to dinner cooking (my parents are visiting again 🙂 )
- at work finally figuring out what had caused the error for the user who reported “something happened and it won’t let me…” (I’m part of the support team for our Learning Management System or LMS)
- trying a new Thai dish the other night and enjoying it – I had beef kaprow; sometimes you just never know with new food, but I liked this one
- how much the video my dad took of my niece C learning how to crawl makes me grin
- laughing at the story of my adopted nephew E being so bundled up in the snow he couldn’t get back up again without help 🙂
So here’s to small adorable people, yummy food I didn’t have to cook, and getting things figured out. Have you had any new-to-you food this week? Did you like it? Do you have any littles in your life learning how to crawl, or how to walk in the snow? 🙂 Please do share if you would like to!