So much for blogging more this week. 😛 Oh well, Thursday is here again and so am I; that will just have to do. It’s that “end of winter” time of year again and so, inspired by things starting to grow in the sunshine and increasing warmth earlier this week, I put this new header on my blog:
And the weather promptly turned into three days of cloudy/rain with more tomorrow. I do have this header picture, perhaps I should have used it instead?
At any rate, that’s Spring for you, and I, for one, am thankful it’s here. 🙂 I am also thankful for:
- a link in a post here to a TCK’s blog that reminded me that I’m not alone in my “between-worlds-ness.” I am blessed to have another Missionary Kid (MK) in my department at work, but I don’t have any in my day-to-day life my age, so it gets a little lonely sometimes, being the only “special” one. It was nice to be reminded.
- that softball season is starting up again this week 🙂 (if those thunderstorms tomorrow don’t rain us out…) – I don’t play, but I’m a semi-pro spectator for the men’s team from my church (my brother used to play catcher with the team before he moved, is how I got started)
- hope in the form of greener grass and daffodils starting – I knew spring would come eventually, but it’s still heartening to see it actually beginning in my part of the country. The trees are only just starting to wake up, the next couple of weeks will be really fun, watching the baby leaves sprout in the forest along my drive to/from work.
- weather pleasant enough to go for a long walk on Easter Sunday afternoon, which I enjoyed even if I was mildly sore the next day (various factors contributed to my doing virtually no exercising in March and my hip muscles objected to my changing their routine)
- the nice, juicy crunch that cucumber adds to a fresh salad – I bought some romaine last week to go with my pozole soup and have been enjoying the rest of it this week in salads for lunch
- discovering enough clean things to make a nice outfit today when I’m four days past when I should have done laundry 😛
I think that’s it for this week. Here’s to growing things, clean clothes to wear, and other people like me. 🙂 Are you thankful for any of those things this week? Or any other things? You’re always welcome to share!