Hello whatever readers I may have left; I am still alive and well. 🙂 There have been some significant changes in my life since I was here last. I felt like I needed to do the big update, change the About Me page, take down the Spring header picture that is still up on the doorstep of Fall… Then I decided that the
houseblogkeeping could wait and I just needed to write.
Fortuitously it is still Thursday for a little while longer where I am, so that gives me an easy format for my first post after nearly three months of unintended silence. I always struggle with feeling like the first post back after a break should be momentous, or at the very least explanatory of the gap – but in order to just get writing, this one is neither. Hopefully the explaining will be coming soon; I do have a draft started.
I won’t put three months’ worth of things to be thankful for here (I can’t remember them all anyway, since I haven’t been stopping to write them down,) just the ones at the top of my brain at the moment. In no particular order, I am thankful for:
- my little $10, factory-refurbished, off-brand mp3 player – for all its faults, it does help me through tired afternoons, now that I’m not sitting in front of a computer where I can get Pandora internet radio
- the cute striped baby spider plants I acquired this evening. I have a pair of solid green spider plants that came off a dumpster plant a couple years ago, but I had a striped one in high school and think they look cooler. I hope the new ones live. 🙂
the small butterfly who came and posed so prettily for me when I went out to take pictures of the yellow lantana flowers the other day
- not having to work outside in the heat, though it’s supposedly going to ease soon now
- a cheese-stick snack for some quick and yummy protein
- increased chances to work on my Spanish
I’ll stop there before I run out of Thursday to be thankful in. 😛 With all the changes, I’m not sure what my posting frequency will be now. I do have multiple posts rattling around in my head, so we’ll see. At any rate, I’m glad to be back.