Life has been rolling along since my last post three weeks ago. I do still intend to update things, but I was collecting my thankful list in my head last night and realized I had the whole thing already, so I might as well post it and do the update later. 🙂
Over the past weeks, among many other things, I am thankful for:
- Fans, in all their variation of shapes and sizes and things they blow on, I am thankful for the many rotary air impellers in my life.
- Literacy – September 8th was International Literacy Day, did you know? I love reading and am so glad not only that I can, but that I live in a country with so many wonderful options of things to read in the language I understand best.
A multitude of places to get good used books cheap or free. This has resulted in adding roughly 30 books to my collection in the last two-and-a-half months-ish, though, which may or may not be a good thing (especially when considered from the angle of future shelf space when I eventually unpack the rest of the collection that is currently in storage.) 😛 I am proud of myself for more than one new author in the mix, though.
- Surviving a very busy weekend with a lot of extra work (and not only surviving, but the positive feedback indicates it was a success, which is nice.)
- Volunteers who willingly and cheerfully help make the craziness bearable
- A lighter load this week at work to balance last week out
So, here’s to moving air, reading new used books, and a bit of balance. Have you had any of these in the last few weeks? Do you have something to be thankful for, or a favorite second-hand book shop? I’d love to hear about either! 🙂