So, I fell asleep on the couch instead of posting earlier tonight. 😀 It was nice; it’s been a long week. All of Wednesday morning I thought it was Thursday, only to find out at lunch that it wasn’t. It’s a bit rough when you think it’s almost the weekend and then you find out it’s not even close. 😛
Fall/autumn temperatures have come to my part of the country this week, which means sleeping with a blanket now. Got a lot of rain last weekend, then a bit of a break, and supposed to get more this weekend. Which is giving people with trick-or-treating hopes the fits, trying to figure out if they’re going to get wet or not. I’m okay with that not being a problem for me (not being the celebrate-Halloween-type, though I do enjoy dressing for Renaissance Faires.)
Okay, so… things that I am thankful for since last Thursday…
- a couch comfortable enough to sleep on
- the dash in the rain last Friday to try to make it to The Martian showing on time, complete with pizza and root beer in the car (we missed part of a preview, but there were a half-dozen, so we were alright)
- people who can make a movie about another planet (which really exists) and make it look gorgeously inhospitable
- the entertaining-ness of watching rugby on American TV – the commentators were good, especially about pointing out things that may not make sense to people new to the game, it was just fun and unusual to see it on this side of the world. The Rugby World Cup is on Saturday, Australia vs New Zealand (which is like Ravens vs Steelers x 10, for you American Football fans; at least, as near as I understand both sports.)
- finding M*A*S*H on TV again. I like that show, even with its moral complications. I first got started watching reruns the summer in college that I worked swing shift at a vegetable processing plant. It was on when I got home at 11 o’clock at night and I needed something to keep me awake long enough to eat dinner. I haven’t seen all the seasons, though, so there are still things to discover, which is.
- that today really is Thursday, which means tomorrow is Friday, which means Saturday is nearly here 🙂
And now I think I’m going to bed for real. The couch is indeed comfortable (it’s no fun waking up from an uncomfortable nap, all stiff and cramped) but bed is better for the long haul. Here’s to good movies, fascinating foreign sports, and the weekend nearly here for real. 🙂 Please do add anything you’re thankful for to my list in the comments – all contributions welcome!