Well, I got 2 out of 4 on my to-do list done last Thursday. “Post Thankful Thursday” was one that didn’t get done. Actually, it’s probably more like 1 1/2 out of 4, since “go to bed at a decent time” turned into ” at least I went to bed earlier than last night.” 😛
Even though I didn’t post, I did still write down a few things, so I wouldn’t forget them. I’ve added a couple more this week; and, even though it’s late, I do want to get this post up. Partly because of what I mentioned two weeks ago about momentum, partly because stopping to be deliberately thankful is a good exercise for me. Plus, I like checking things off my list. 🙂
So, over the last two weeks, I have been thankful for:
- an Epiphany gift of fruit from a coworker (“It’s supposed to represent the gold, frankincense, and myrrh the wise men brought – at least the apple is a Golden Delicious, but for the rest of it, you just have to pretend.” 🙂 )
- the opportunities I have to learn from people who celebrate things I never have
- the scrumptious mint chocolate shake I created by putting some mint truffle Hershey’s kisses, a couple Andes mints, some chocolate ice cream, and some milk in a blender last Thursday. Ridiculously good.
- my bed warmer – it’s like an electric blanket, but it goes around the bed under the bottom sheet. So more of a giant heating pad than an electric blanket, I guess, but I love it. For someone who regularly gets cold feet (occasionally they get so cold on the way to bed that I have a hard time falling asleep) and doesn’t have anyone else to warm them up on, an electric bed warmer is a wonderful thing.
- my youngest nephew, who turned one this week – Happy Birthday Z! Sure loved spending time with you over the Christmas-New Year’s week, even when you jabbed in your elbows on your way up the couch-mountain. 😉
- a relatively smooth two weeks at work through some pretty big transitions – my boss retired, so there has been some position-shuffling and a couple of new hires. Everyone’s still getting fed and things seem to be going fairly well, though there’s still more learning to do and wrinkles to iron out.
I know there was a least one more from this week I was going to add, but I didn’t actually write it down and now I can’t remember. 😛 Oh well, sometimes my brain just fills up with other things. I hope your week has gone reasonably well, and that the week ahead does too. Hopefully it holds delightful little things, like mint chocolate shakes, small gifts, and baby-toothed grins. Feel free to chime in on anything you’re thankful for!
Ah ha! I remembered! I’m also thankful for Cracked Pepper flavored sunflower seeds – they’re my new favorite flavor, and they’re so good. Plus, I can tell myself they’re a healthier alternative to the Doritos I’d really like to be munching on. 🙂