I had most of this list written last Thursday, but not the rest of the post, so I didn’t get it up. I thought about posting on Saturday, but the day slipped away from me. So I decided to add to it and post tonight instead.
This week and last week, among other things, I am thankful:
- that people around here do things like take something to the Lost & Found at the front desk instead of stealing it
- that when I tripped on the concrete steps on the way to work (thus dropping the thing that was lost and later found), I didn’t bash my knees or even take any skin off my hands
- that my words could be a help to someone in sorrow
- that the wonderful volunteers who have doubled our attendance numbers at morning coffee breaks are patient with me as I get a handle on how much coffee to make
- for the new coffee pot we got to replace the one that got dropped off the back of a golf cart and broken, since we were using a jury-rigged contraption with part of a percolator while we waited for it
- that my cold from a few weeks ago seems to be all gone now
- that when I broke three fingernails at once moving a five gallon bucket of barbecue sauce (did you know they weigh 50 pounds (~23 kg)?) I didn’t break anything else
- having someone to go with to see a movie I might not ordinarily watch but kinda wanted to (and then surprising myself by actually liking it 🙂 … I should say, liking most of it, since there were parts I couldn’t see through my fingers)
- that when I dropped that case of root beer in the cooler this afternoon, I caught it across the corner of the shelf and not with my foot or smashed on the floor (I did have to stand there a minute breathing off the adrenaline spike, though.)
So there you have it. It hasn’t been a boring couple of weeks, that’s for sure. 🙂 How about you? Anything you’re thankful for in your week? Something that happened or maybe something that didn’t? Feel free to share in the comments!