I’ve just come back in from watering the outside plants – and I’m all sweaty because where I currently live it’s still nearly 95 degrees (35 C) out there at 8:30 at night. There are still things to be thankful for, though, even with the heat that is projected to continue at this level for at least a handful more days before we get a break. I think I heard one weatherman say something about a 20% chance of rain the weekend after this. We’ll see.
Things to be thankful for, though, there are many. I am thankful:
- for bugspray – no itchy mosquito bites for me tonight, even though I was out at prime mozzie munching hour
- for ice cubes in my water bottle
- for a hose that is long enough
- that not all of the plants are dead (the potted cherry tomato, alas, seems to be beyond help…)
- for the fun of crafting with the ladies at church last weekend, even though the hot glue on my clothespin Christmas ornament now needs some repair after I left it in a hot car for a couple hours 😛 (I was at a bookstore, and I had a coupon that needed spending, which meant an even longer decision process than usual… *unrepentant shrug* 🙂 )
- that the book I took a risk on is good so far 🙂 (I don’t like to buy books new that I haven’t read before – because if I don’t like them, think of all that money wasted. I know, I know, it’s weird. There are people who don’t re-read books at all and I don’t like to buy ones I haven’t read, at least not if they’re new. This one was an even bigger risk, since it’s by an author I haven’t read before either. It was 20% off with my coupon, but still – the risk! 🙂 )
Well, now that I’m dry, I think I’m going to go wash off the bugspray and sweat. The next question is, how often do I water outside in heat like this? I wasn’t in charge of the outside plants when I moved here last summer and the last time I lived in this climate before that I was 9. 😛 Although, I will definitely take this over shoveling snow or hacking ice. Any day.
Do you have anything you’re thankful for this week? How’s the weather in your corner of the world? Please feel free to add to my list by commenting.
P.S. The Olympics are nearly here!! Is anyone else excited? 😀