This post has been in the works a long time – I started the list below for posting on February 9th, then I got this actual post three quarters done on the 23rd and now I am finally posting it on the 2nd of March. 😛 Life has certainly been busy in the meantime.
This week and over the past weeks, I have been and am thankful:
- for more than one night in the past month that was warm enough to sleep without several of the half-dozen blankets on my bed
- for how endlessly unique sunsets are
- for a trip to visit a good friend the last weekend in January – and the fun of watching her 18 month old be brave enough to try operating the hose with the fireman on our fire station tour 🙂
- for finding nice clothes for cheap at a local thrift shop in her town after I got myself in a jam by forgetting my Sunday outfit at home 😛
- for a new-to-me CD bought for a dollar on clearance because it had a song I liked from a music streaming website that turned out to have several songs I enjoy. It made the drive home fun 🙂
- for the getting un-lost skills I developed when living in the town before this current one, since getting lost apparently comes naturally to me. 😛 Said skills also came in handy on my trip…
- for an informative full hearing test in early February (after a preliminary in October indicated some more investigating might be needed.) I do have moderate loss in both ears in a couple of higher frequencies, thanks to multiple ear infections growing up, but my word recognition is 100% and my speech recognition threshold is still well within normal conversational range, so I won’t be getting hearing aids at this point. It was good to get more information about what is actually going on and to establish a baseline to compare future tests to.
- that said hearing test was free
- for strawberry preserves on a hot biscuit
- that the crochet gauge I made for a new project (I think the first gauge I’ve ever made) actually came out right the first time 🙂
- for the fun of attending my first Scottish Highland Games last Saturday – watching the caber toss live is pretty incredible
- that no one got hurt at the Games (at least, not hurt enough to admit it) 🙂
Reading back over it, that’s quite the list – I did say life has been busy! And there’s more that I’m saving for the next post so that I can finally get this one posted. 😛 I am glad that in the middle of the busy there have been things to be thankful for. How about you?