In my corner of the world, it seems Fall has finally arrived. A bit behind more northerly parts of the country, but I like warm weather so I’m not complaining. 🙂 We’ve gotten quite a bit of rain this week – enough for flooding in some places, though nothing like what the Carolinas have just been through and Florida is currently dealing with after Hurricane Michael – and a cold front moved in behind the most recent batch of rain. It’s not truly cold yet, but definitely cooler than it has been.
This week, I am thankful:
- For simple joys, like: the amusement of attempting to take a picture of my reflection in a shiny gold plastic spoon, messing with roly-poly bugs, a snail after the rain, laughter in many forms and for many reasons.
- For a boss who is good at communicating, which (among other things), means that events like the large conference this weekend go much more smoothly than they might otherwise.
- That, even though I don’t like the darkness that comes with all-day rain, it does smell good and is good for the flowers and the ducks and the water table.
- For delicious homemade smoothies. This summer I started making frozen fruit smoothies and it became a regular weekend thing. My favorite combination so far is equal parts frozen pineapple and mandarin oranges, with a smaller portion of strawberries, blended with plain Greek yogurt and just enough water to get it to blend smoothly. Cool, tangy, creamy, scrumptiousness with lots of vitamins and fiber and up to 14 grams of protein, depending on the yogurt brand. I just had one last night, though I did wrap up in a blanket to drink it. It’s about to be hot peppermint tea time instead.
- For good-morning hugs.
- For a new-to-me bookshelf and the beginnings of progress organizing the books that have been stacked around my room for months. 🙂 There’s more work to be done there, though…
We had beautiful sunshine today, which I enjoyed after the rain. So I guess that’s another good point to rain: it makes you appreciate the sunshine. 🙂 I also got some very pretty sunset pictures on the way home from a late evening at work. Now the laundry needs moved from washer to dryer and the mundanities of life go on. I am thankful that they do.